Short Term Rental: MUNIRevs

The City of Woodland Park defines a short term rental of any hotel room, motel room, apartment, lodging or inn room, motor hotel, guest house, mobile home, trailer court, bed and breakfast, or any other place that furnishes sleeping accommodations under any concession, permit, right of access, license to use or other agreement or otherwise within the city, that is rented for less than thirty (30) days at a time.

Anyone renting a short term rental in the City of Woodland Park must apply for a Business License of $50.00 (per year) and submit both Sales and Lodging Tax (the 20th of every month).  

Lodging Tax percentage to the City of Woodland Park:  

 Sales Tax      4.09%                                                                                                                                                                                    Lodging        5.70%                                                                                                                                                                                     Total             9.79%   


How to apply

We launched MUNIRevs, June 2020, to take care of our short term rentals.  Please create an account on MUNIRevs. There you can manage your account, submit sales tax and renew business licenses.  Unlimited phone and web support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by contacting MUNIRevs at 1-888-751-1911 or support@lodgingrevs.com


Other Considerations

  • PLANNING AND ZONING INFORMATION  

No more than 5 unrelated people can lodge in a single family residential home.

Parking shall be provided and used in the driveway or adequately on the property. No parking will be allowed in the street.

The City’s noise ordinance (Chapter 9.41 of the Municipal Code) will be enforced by the Police Department.

All applicable regulations regarding Public Peace, Morals and Welfare (Title 9 of the Municipal Code) will be enforced by the City.


  • FEEDING AND/OR BAITING OF WILDLIFE WITHIN CITY LIMITS IS PROHIBITED:

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.027 (Feeding Wildlife)

     No person shall knowingly leave or store any refuse, food product, pet food, grain, seeds, or salt in a manner which would constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement to wildlife, except for birdfeeders. Birdfeeders are allowed and must be suspended on a cable or other device so as not to be accessible to bears, deer, or other indigenous wildlife.

     A violation of feeding wildlife shall be punishable by a fine of not less than three-hundred and fifty dollars ($350.00) for the first violation. Second violations of this section shall be punishable by a fine of not less than four-hundred and fifty dollars ($450.00) and not more than five-hundred and fifty dollars ($550.00). Third and subsequent violations may result in a fine up to one-thousand dollars ($1,000.00) and/or imprisonment not exceeding one (one) year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Wildlife shall mean any undomesticated and unrestrained animal, including but not limited to bear, deer, elk, mountain lion, bobcat, and/or any other wild animal identified by the State of Colorado Parks and Wildlife as dangerous.

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.027

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.020

Woodland Park City Ordinance #1388 Series 2018


  • FAQ’S                                                                                                                                                                                                           Click here for FAQ’s.


  • COMPLAINT FORM:                                                                                                                                         https://lodging.munirevs.com/complaint/?cityid=598