The City of Woodland Park, Colorado is accepting applications to fill the position of a school resource officer. This is contingent upon a city council budget amendment, to allow for the grant funded education position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Must meet requirements for, and achieve Peace Officer Certification as described in Colorado Law and P.O.S.T.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Colorado State driver’s license.
- Out of state applicants must complete the Colorado Provisional Certification Packet (www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov) and obtain their Colorado P.O.S.T. certification within six months from date of approval by Colorado P.O.S.T. as a condition of employment.
Starting salary for School Resource Officer is entry level Police I. Salary is set for the first year at $39,905.
Applications are available at the link below, and at the Woodland Park Police Department: 911 Tamarac Pkwy. Woodland Park. Please forward a complete application to the Woodland Park Police Department, Attn. Beverly Hodges, P.O.B. 7225, Woodland Park, CO 80863.
Volunteer Services and Opportunities
For more information about volunteering at the Woodland Park Police Department please call (719) 687-9262.
Teen Court is currently looking for volunteers. Training will start this summer. Please contact Beverly Hodges, Teen Court Coordinator 719-686-2500.
- To volunteer as a Victim advocate please return this form in to Woodland Park Police Department care of Jan McKammy.
- To volunteer as a reserve officer, please turn this form in to the Woodland Park Police Department.
Like us on Facebook!