City plows begin plowing with 3″ to 4″ of accumulation. Click here for a Snow Removal brochure.
- Bus routes and sidewalks to schools
- Primary roads and public parking lots
- Secondary roads
- Alley and cul-de-sacs
- Continue sanding as needed
Please do not park in the City Street right of way. We need room to do the job right.
Please use caution when driving in winter conditions.
Here are a few Winter Driving Tips:
- Decrease your speed and leave yourself plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space than usual between you and the car in front of you.
- Brake gently to avoid skidding. If your wheels start to lock up, ease off the brake.
- Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other motorists.
- Keep your headlights and windshield clean.
- Use LOW GEARS to keep traction, especially when descending hills.
- Don’t use cruise control or ‘overdrive’ on icy roads.
- Don’t pass snow plows and sanding trucks. The operators of those trucks have limited visibility and you are likely to find the road in front of them worse than the road behind them.
- Don’t assume your vehicle can handle all conditions. Even four-wheel and front-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads.
Snow cleared from private property must be deposited in the ditch line or behind the sidewalk or curb and gutter. City Code does not allow snow to be left in the street. Thank you.