The City provides water to approximately 3600 homes, businesses and institutions in our community. Additionally, water storage capacity is available in the City’s reservoir and tanks to meet the extra demands of events such as fires and water main breaks.
2011 Water Facts
- 2011 average population served – 8,300
- Peak 7-day water demand – 1.099 MGD (June 28-July 4)
- 2011 total raw water per capita – 87 GPD
- 2011 residential water taps – 7
- 2011 multi-family water taps – 0
- 2011 commercial water taps – 1
MGD = million gallons per day
GPD = gallons per day
In 2011, 67% of the City’s raw water came from local wells and springs; 33% was piped in from Woodland Park’s transbasin water rights. Continued improvements will increase reliability for existing customers and provide water for moderate City growth through the next two decades.
www.nsfconsumer.org, water filter information, 877-867-3435