The Woodland Park Cemetery is located on the east side of Woodland Park tucked into an area with majestic views of Pikes Peak and pastoral serenity of a wooded valley.
Established in 1891 this non perpetual care cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Woodland Park. Records indicate the cemetery’s earliest interment dates back to 1885 (James Mead- Row SS, Block 4, Lot 3). The City has always remembered its pioneers and honored them in this pine sheltered cemetery. Enter through the wrought iron gate on Short Avenue; you will see some of its distinctive elements of headstones, fences, and the memory board of gone but not forgotten Military servants. Facing south sits the view of America’s favorite and inspirational mountain, Pikes Peak.
The cemetery’s rustic heritage and wooded mountain environment is developed and platted on approximately 2/3 of the 8.9 acres. The site is divided into three sections:
- Peak View
- Rampart section
The Peak View area is the area as visitor enters immediately as they come up Short Avenue. This area has been the primary area for use in the past 10 to 30 years. The Pioneer section is the oldest section of the cemetery. This area contains the most historic sites in the cemetery. The Rampart section is the easternmost portion of the cemetery and is currently in beginning stages of development.
Because the cemetery is owned by the City of Woodland Park, all fees and charges have been approved by City Council and are a matter of public record.
|Teller County Resident||$550||$300|
|Out of County||$700||$300|