Planning & Building Department
The Planning and Building Department provides for orderly development and construction within the City and assists with:
- Annexation requests
- Code Enforcement issues
- Flood Hazard Permits
- Historic Landmark Designation
- New development (residential and commercial) - Site Plan Review, Conditional Use Permits, Special Use Permits
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing plats
- Zoning Variances
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, garages, signs, banners, chicken coops, accessory dwelling units (ADUs), demolition, driveways, home occupations, special events, vacations (lot lines, easements, ROW), etc.
- questions about zoning regulations and land use
Pikes Peak Regional Building Department provides building services for the City of Woodland Park including new construction, remodels, additions or any structural changes to commercial and residential buildings. For information on building projects, please contact Planning and Building Technician David Burgess at 719-687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department webpage.
These are active cases that require Public Notice and/or Public Hearing. Call 719-687-5202 for more information.
- Rampart Village Townhomes Site Plan Review - Administrative review with public notice; comments must be received by 4:00 p.m. on April 8
- Pines at Tamarac Extension of PUD Master Plan and Preliminary Plan - Planning Commission at 7:00 p.m. on April 22 and PUD only for City Council at 7:00 p.m. on May 6
- The Grove at Spruce Haven Rezone - Planning Commission at 7:00 p.m. on April 22 and City Council at 7:00 p.m. on May 20
- Vitagliano Change in Use - Administrative review with public notice; comments must be received by 4:00 p.m. on May 5
- Yuyo Subdivision Final Plat - Planning Commission at 7:00 p.m. on May 27 and City Council at 7:00 p.m. on June 17.