Planning & Building Department
May 4, 2020 8 am: City Hall will open to the public again in a limited capacity.
Due to physical space limitations, all contractors and builders are strongly encouraged to continue submitting plans and applications electronically if at all possible.
If you must speak to someone in person, please make an appointment with either Director Sally Riley at 719-687-5283, City Planner Lor Pellegrino at 719-687-5209, or Technician Dorie Slaughter at 719-687-5282, and we will escort you from the front desk to the Planning Counter. Please be aware that all visitors (walk-ins and appointments) to City Hall must wear a mask at all times and must maintain a 6-foot separation distance at all times. Thank you for your continued patience during this COVID-19 period and for your adherence to all local, state, and federal orders in place.
March 23, 2020 8 am: Please submit commercial and residential building plan reviews online directly to the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD); submit zoning development permits and plans directly to the Planning and Building Department by email. Phone or email us if you have any questions.
The Planning and Building Department provides for orderly development and construction within the City and assists with:
- Annexation requests
- Code Enforcement issues
- Flood Hazard Permits
- Historic Landmark Designation
- New development (residential and commercial) - Site Plan Review, Conditional Use Permits, Special Use Permits
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing plats
- Zoning Variances
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, garages, signs, banners, chicken coops, accessory dwelling units (ADUs), demolition, driveways, home occupations, special events, vacations (lot lines, easements, ROW), etc.
- questions about zoning regulations and land use
Pikes Peak Regional Building Department provides building services for the City of Woodland Park including new construction, remodels, additions or any structural changes to commercial and residential buildings. For information on building projects, please contact Planning and Building Technician David Burgess at 719-687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department webpage.
Call 719-687-5202 for more information.
- Top of Paradise Master Plan - Extension
- U-Haul Conditional Use Permit - Extension