Short Term Rentals

  1. City Council Approves Ordinance Imposing 90-day Moratorium on New Short-term Rental Licenses

    The moratorium will take effect on Sunday, July 17 and will not affect existing business licenses for short-term rentals. Read on...
View All

The City of Woodland Park defines a short term rental of any hotel room, motel room, apartment, lodging or inn room, motor hotel, guest house, mobile home, trailer court, bed and breakfast, or any other place that furnishes sleeping accommodations under any concession, permit, right of access, license to use or other agreement or otherwise within the city, that is rented for less than thirty (30) days at a time.

Anyone renting a short term rental in the City of Woodland Park must apply for a Business License of $35.00 (per year) and submit both Sales and Lodging Tax (the 20th of every month).  Please check with your locations HOA if they allow STR's.

Lodging Tax percentage to the City of Woodland Park:  

Sales Tax4.09%
Lodging Tax5.70%
Total Tax9.79%

Airbnb or VRBO may claim they will pay these taxes. While they may pay the State, they do NOT pay the City. The City does not have a contract with Airbnb or VRBO to pay the City. It is your responsibility to pay the City Tax (9.79%) to the City. If you have any questions or are unsure of what taxes you are responsible for, please call 719-687-5214.

How to Apply

ATTENTION: Effective July 18, there is a moratorium on new short-term rental applications for the City of Woodland Park. More Info

Applicants should apply online for a short-term rental application.  To create an account on MUNIRevs, you will need to obtain your ACTIVATION CODE (please call 719- 687-5214). There you can manage your account, submit sales tax and renew business licenses.  Unlimited phone and web support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by contacting MUNIRevs at 1-888-751-1911 or

View All

Other Considerations

  • No more than 5 unrelated people can lodge in a single family residential home.
  • Parking shall be provided and used in the driveway or adequately on the property. No parking will be allowed in the street.
  • The City’s noise ordinance (Chapter 9.41 of the Municipal Code) will be enforced by the Police Department.
  • All applicable regulations regarding Public Peace, Morals and Welfare (Title 9 of the Municipal Code) will be enforced by the City.

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.027 (Feeding Wildlife)

     No person shall knowingly leave or store any refuse, food product, pet food, grain, seeds, or salt in a manner which would constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement to wildlife, except for birdfeeders. Birdfeeders are allowed and must be suspended on a cable or other device so as not to be accessible to bears, deer, or other indigenous wildlife.

     A violation of feeding wildlife shall be punishable by a fine of not less than three-hundred and fifty dollars ($350.00) for the first violation. Second violations of this section shall be punishable by a fine of not less than four-hundred and fifty dollars ($450.00) and not more than five-hundred and fifty dollars ($550.00). Third and subsequent violations may result in a fine up to one-thousand dollars ($1,000.00) and/or imprisonment not exceeding one (one) year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Wildlife shall mean any undomesticated and unrestrained animal, including but not limited to bear, deer, elk, mountain lion, bobcat, and/or any other wild animal identified by the State of Colorado Parks and Wildlife as dangerous.

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.027

Woodland Park Municipal Code 6.04.020

Woodland Park City Ordinance #1338 Series 2018

  • COMPLAINT FORM: