Woodland Park Citizens Academy
LEARN | ENGAGE | MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Have YOU ever wondered...
- How does Woodland Park's government work?
- What do City Councilmembers do?
- Where does our water come from? How does it get here? And where does it go?!
- How is the City budget created?
- How does police dispatching work?
- Who fixes the potholes? When do my streets get plowed?
- What can I do to get involved?
At Woodland Park Citizens Academy, you'll get answers to all of those questions...and more!
What is the Citizens Academy?
The Citizens Academy is open to anyone residing in Woodland Park who is interested in learning about our city! The minimum age of enrollment is 16 years of age. Applicants must be able to attend all sessions. Please do not apply if you have already attended the Citizens Academy in previous years.
Applications for the Winter 2022 Citizens Academy closed as of 2/9/2022.
Please check back for information about the FALL 2022 Citizens Academy!
If you have questions about the next Citizens Academy, contact Grace Johnson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 719 687 5218.
The Citizens Academy is a twice-yearly program. The next Citizens Academy will begin on February 22, 2022.
|Local Government 101||Tuesday, February 22||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Public Works||Monday, February 28||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Planning, Zoning & Building||Monday, March 7||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Water||Monday, March 14||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Wastewater||Monday, March 22||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Parks and Recreation||Monday, March 28||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Police Department||Monday, April 4||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Graduation||Thursday, April 7||7:00 pm|
THANK YOU TO OUR 2022 CITIZENS ACADEMY SPONSORS:
- Each of the Citizens Academy sessions has been designed to provide a solid learning opportunity within the timeframe allotted. All sessions will begin and end on time.
- Because of the limited number of slots available for participants, attendance at all sessions is required, unless extenuating circumstances arise. Should something come up, please call Grace Johnson (719 687 5218) prior to the session to inform us.
- Please be respectful of other participants’ time by arriving on time.
- Participants will be expected to take a short survey after each session to provide feedback.
- We expect all participants to engage with each other respectfully at all times.
- Because of the wealth of information provided throughout the Academy, it will be imperative that we all stay on task. Your assistance in helping to keep the sessions focused is much appreciated. Have fun, and enjoy this experience!