Woodland Park Citizen's Academy
LEARN | ENGAGE | MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Have YOU ever wondered...
- How does Woodland Park's government work?
- Who can be a City Councilmember?
- Where does our water come from? How does it get here? And where does it go?!
- How is the City budget created?
- Who fixes the potholes? When do my streets get plowed?
- What can I do to get involved?
At Woodland Park Citizens Academy, you'll get answers to all of those questions...and more!
What is the Citizens Academy?
The Citizens Academy is open to anyone residing in or near Woodland Park who is interested in learning about our city! The minimum age of enrollment is 16 years of age. Applicants must be able to attend all sessions. Please do not apply if you have already attended the Citizens Academy in previous years.
Applications will be accepted through August 26, 2021. There are 25 available spots in this academy. If more than 25 applications are received, applicants will be accepted in the order that their applications were received. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by September 3.
If you have questions, comments, concerns, or would like a paper application, contact Grace Johnson via email at email@example.com or phone at 719 687 5218.
- Each of the Citizens Academy sessions has been designed to provide a solid learning opportunity within the timeframe allotted. All sessions will begin and end on time.
- Because of the limited number of slots available for participants, attendance at all sessions is required, unless extenuating circumstances arise. Should something come up, please call Grace Johnson (719 687 5218) prior to the session to inform us.
- Please be respectful of other participants’ time by arriving on time.
- Participants will be expected to take a short survey after each session to provide feedback.
- We expect all participants to engage with each other respectfully at all times.
- Because of the wealth of information provided throughout the Academy, it will be imperative that we all stay on task. Your assistance in helping to keep the sessions focused is much appreciated. Have fun, and enjoy this experience!
|September 13||Local Government 101||5:30pm -8:30pm|
|September 20||Parks and Recreation||5:30pm -8:30pm|
|September 27||Police Department||5:30pm -7:30pm|
|October 4||Water||5:30pm -7:30pm|
|October 11||Wastewater||5:30pm -7:30pm|
|October 18||Planning, Zoning & Building||5:30pm -7:30pm|
|October 25||Public Works||5:30pm -8:30pm|
|November 4||Graduation at City Council||5:30pm -7:30pm|