The Parks and Recreation Department is looking for passionate members of our community to be a Contract Program Instructor for Recreation Programming. Have a passion you want to share with the community? This opportunity is perfect for you!
This is a CONTRACT position with the City of Woodland Park- meaning, you set the days and times you want to offer a program! This opportunity is great for people who want a flexible schedule (because YOU make it!). We recently surveyed our community for what type of programs they wanted to see in the future- including: Tennis, Golf, Youth art and Science Programming, Life Skills Programs (finances, technology, etc.), Outdoor Programs, Programming for teenagers, Adult Art and Wine Classes, and more! The list does not stop there- If you have a passion you want to share then bring your ideas! Who knows, it could be a BIG HIT! Contract Recreation Program Instructors will be compensated (75% of the registration revenue, minus the facility fees) and their programs and names will be included in marketing materials for the City of Woodland Park.
CONTRACT EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITES
- Develop and implement curriculum
- Provide all program supplies and any special equipment (unless otherwise stated in the contract)
- Provide all staffing needs- assistants, co-instructors, etc.
- Operate their programs in accordance with the mission, vision, and core values of the City of Woodland Park, Parks and Recreation Department
- Effective Communication with the Parks and Recreation Program Coordinator
- Submit Class Sign in Sheet / Drop-in Forms in a timely manner for processing
- Complete the Contract instructor invoice form at the end of each session
- Follow all the City of Woodland Park Contract Instructor Guidelines and Procedures
CONTRACT INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Contract instructors must be 18 years or older
- Must complete and pass a background check.
- Contract Recreation Program Instructors should attend the first meeting of their programs advertised in the Parks and Recreation Activities Guide regardless of the actual number of participants enrolled if Drop-ins are an option for the program.
Interested? Contact Sarah Minton to get started. The 2022 Digital Recreation Activities Guide will be published in December 2021.