Extremely cold winter temperatures will flow into our area beginning Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
Expect to see near 0 degrees with negative wind chills throughout Wednesday evening, Thursday, and into the early parts of Friday.
Protect your homes, yourselves and your pets by preparing for the cold front in advance with a few simple steps:
- Let your water drip! Letting the faucet in your home slowly drip & leaving the cabinet doors open for more heat, can both help prevent frozen pipes.
- Pump the heat! Do NOT turn off your furnace during extreme cold spells. Keep your furnace running steady and set to a temp of at least 55 degrees or higher.
- Dress for the weather! Wear layers and pack a few extra warm items to keep in your car in case of emergency.
- Traveling for the holidays? Let a neighbor know so that they can keep an eye on your home and help reduce cold weather related damages.
- Safety first! Ensure your furnace exhaust pipes are cleared of snow or debris. Inside your home, check to be certain any CO2 detectors are functioning. NEVER run a generator inside your home.
- Protect your furry friends! Remember that pavement temps will be even colder than air temps. Keep your pups paw protected when outdoors, and limit their time outside when extremely cold.