How do I get a permit for building a deck, garage, or addition?

This is a 2-step process - the first step is to complete the Multi-Use ZDP Application (PDF) and submit to the Planning and Building Department. We have hard-copies available at City Hall as well. This will be reviewed for conformance to setback requirements in your zoning district.

The second step is to submit your construction drawings to the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department. This can be done by submitting your plans to the Woodland Park Planning and Building Department at City Hall for routing down to Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD), or you can submit directly to PPRBD to expedite the process. They are located at 2880 International Circle in Colorado Springs. You can always call PPRBD at 719-327-2880 if you have any questions regarding this process.

Show All Answers

1. Are sign permits required?
2. How do I check my zoning designation?
3. How do I get a permit for building a deck, garage, or addition?
4. How do I get a permit for a shed, fence, dumpster enclosure, or retaining wall?
5. How do I start a home-based business?
6. How do I get a permanent sign permit for my business?
7. How do I apply for a special event I want to sponsor or apply for an outdoor vendor’s permit?