Business/Sales & Tax Licensing

All businesses operating in the City of Woodland Park must obtain a Business/Sales & Use Tax License. This includes professional services, charitable organizations, home businesses, temporary vendors, and door-to-door solicitors.

Note: Even businesses that do not “sell” anything must obtain a City license.

  • Licenses are nontransferable from person to person.
  • The annual license fee is $50 and covers a one-year period ending December 31 of each calendar year. (Late fees apply for delinquent renewals.)
  • Charitable or tax-exempt organizations must be licensed but are exempt from the license fee.
  • No license fee shall be assessed to any person or entity conducting business activities within the corporate limits of the city two times per year or less.
  • Temporary vendors and special events are not required to be licensed, but a Special Event Permit is available that provides the information and forms to collect and remit applicable sales tax.
  • Door-to-door solicitors are encouraged to carry a copy of their license with them.

If your business is in a residential location, you must complete a Home Occupation Zoning Development Permit in addition to the Business/Sales & Use Tax License application.

For the latest information on sales and use tax rates download the Colorado Sales/UseTax Rates publication dated from the State of Colorado Website.

New businesses can now apply for state sales and withholding accounts online through a consolidated, online service called Colorado Business Express (CBE). This service eliminates the need for new business owners to use paper forms to register separately with different state agencies. For the state tax accounts, the online service replaces the CR 0100 form.