Planning & Building Department
The Planning & Building Department’s mission is to serve the citizens and businesses of Woodland Park with information with regard to land use, zoning, and orderly development of our community.
The Planning & Building Department provides assistance in a variety of areas, such as:
- Zoning regulations and land use questions
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for all new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, accessory structures, signs, etc.
- New development process and requirements – both residential and commercial
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing subdivided property
- Annexation requests and process of contiguous property
- Flood damage prevention
- Code Enforcement issues
- Historic preservation land marking program
The City partnered with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department in 2013 to provide all building services for new construction, remodels and additions for commercial and residential structures. For information regarding any type of building project, please contact our Permit technicians, David and Dorie at (719) 687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Web Page at www.pprbd.org.
MCDONALD’S INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR REMODEL
The McDonald’s located at 524 Highway 24 East is remodeling the interior and exterior of their store along with some site modifications, which will include dual lane ordering.
GOLD HILL SQUARE SOUTH FACADE REMODEL
Gold Hill Square South located at 221 and 777 Gold Hill Place, which is where the City Market is located, is in the process of a facade remodel.
Natural Grocers will be developing a new grocery store located at Lot 3 of Paradise Lodge Marketplace, which is off of Paradise Lodge Lane by the ENT Credit Union, Goodwill and Walgreens. The store will be approximately 13,500 square feet.