Planning & Building Department
The Planning & Building Department’s mission is to serve the citizens and businesses of Woodland Park with information with regard to land use, zoning, and orderly development of our community.
The Planning & Building Department provides assistance in a variety of areas, such as:
- Zoning regulations and land use questions
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for all new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, accessory structures, signs, etc.
- New development process and requirements – both residential and commercial
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing subdivided property
- Annexation requests and process of contiguous property
- Flood damage prevention
- Code Enforcement issues
- Historic preservation land marking program
The City partnered with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department in 2013 to provide all building services for new construction, remodels and additions for commercial and residential structures. For information regarding any type of building project, please contact our Permit technicians, David and Dorie at (719) 687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Web Page at www.pprbd.org.
WOODLAND PARK SELF-STORAGE
The Woodland Park Self-Storage is a 72,400 square feet storage and rental facility on a 5.92-acre tract of land in the Service Commercial zone located just north of Wal-Mart. The storage facility offers various compartment sizes with some climate-controlled storage capability for personal property, commercial, professional, business and office storage with a truck/trailer rental option for up to 30 units.
GOLD HILL SQUARE SOUTH FACADE REMODEL
Gold Hill Square South located at 221 and 777 Gold Hill Place, which is where the City Market is located, is in the process of a facade remodel.
Natural Grocers is developing a new grocery store located at Lot 3 of Paradise Lodge Marketplace, which is off of Paradise Lodge Lane by the ENT Credit Union, Goodwill and Walgreens. The store will be approximately 13,500 square feet.