Drainage Criteria Manual
City of Woodland Park, Drainage Criteria Manual (DCM) (adopted: Feb 2014):
Chapter 1 – General Provisions
Chapter 2 – Stormwater Management Principles
Chapter 3 – Stormwater Management Policies
Chapter 4 – Submittals
Chapter 5 – Floodplain Management
Chapter 6 – Hydrology
Chapter 7 – Street Drainage
Chapter 8 – Inlets
Chapter 9 – Storm Drains
Chapter 10 – Conduit Outlet Structures
Chapter 11 – Culverts and Bridges
Chapter 12 – Open Channels
Chapter 13 – Storage
Chapter 14 – Re-vegetation
UPDATE 31 Jul 15 –Below are links to an Informational Memorandum and an Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD), Excel Spreadsheet specifically modified for Woodland Park using the Modified FAA method to estimate detention volumes. We have also calculated an IDF equation specific for Woodland Park and provided our local NOAA Atlas 14 rainfall information in the Modified UD-Detention Spreadsheet v2.35. The City provides these resources soley as tools and aids for Design Professionals and assumes no liability for their use.
City of Woodland Park Engineering Specifications (adopted 2011):
- Cover Sheet & Resolution
- Title 1 – Policies & Procedures
- Title 2 – Water System Specifications
- Title 3 – Sanitary Sewer Specifications
- Title 4 – Drainage & Erosion Control Specifications
- Title 5 – Street System Specifications
- Title 6 – Concrete Construction
- Title 7 – Excavation in the Public Right-of-Way
- Title 8 – Parking Standards
- Title 9 – Bikeways & Trails Standards
- Title 10 – Sample Subdivision Development Agreement
City-wide Stormwater Master Plan
In 2015, the City of Woodland Park completed a comprehensive update of the City’s Stormwater Master Plan. This project was a multi-year project and was comprised of three main objectives,
- Develop a comprehensive Stormwater Master Plan (SWMP) and a Stormwater Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the City of Woodland Park. This involved substantial data collection, problem identification, CIP development, and a financial review.
- Conduct a stream stability and assessment for Fountain Creek through the City. Identify problem areas, propose solutions and integrate solutions into the Stormwater CIP.
- Update select Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) within the City using the existing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) effective hydrology.
The Final Report is available here.
The Geomorphic Assessment of Fountain Creek is available here.
The report for the Loy Gulch, Paint Pony and East Fork Paint Pony Letters of Map Revision (LOMR) is available here.
The other report appendices are available upon request from the City of Woodland Park, Department of Public Works.