The City provides water to approximately 3,848 homes, businesses and institutions in our community. Water is also available in storage to meet the extra demands of events such as fires and water main breaks. Treatment plant capacity is 2 MGD, with 3 MGD capacity in emergencies. Treated water is stored in 5 steel tanks totaling 3.94 MG.
MGD = million gallons per day
GPD = gallons per day
In 2016, 73% of the City’s raw water came from local wells and springs; 27% was piped in from Woodland Park’s transbasin water rights.
Limited future improvements are planned for the City’s North Well Field near the golf course, increasing reliability for existing customers and providing water for moderate City growth toward a service population of 12,600.
2016 Water Facts:
- 2016 average population served – 8,756
- Peak 7-day demand – 0.964 MGD (7/12 – 7/18)
- 2016 total raw water per capita – 80 GPD
- New 2016 residential water taps – 28
- New 2016 multi-family water taps – 1
- New 2016 commercial water taps – 1