The Planning & Building Department’s mission is to serve the citizens and businesses of Woodland Park with information with regard to land use, zoning, and orderly development of our community.
The Planning & Building Department provides assistance in a variety of areas, such as:
- Zoning regulations and land use questions
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for all new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, accessory structures, signs, etc.
- New development process and requirements – both residential and commercial
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing subdivided property
- Annexation requests and process of contiguous property
- Flood damage prevention
- Code Enforcement issues
- Historic preservation land marking program
The City partnered with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department in 2013 to provide all building services for new construction, remodels and additions for commercial and residential structures. For information regarding any type of building project, please contact our Permit technicians, David and Dorie at (719) 687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Web Page at www.pprbd.org.
- Village at Tamarac Administrative Site Plan Review – Public Comment deadline June 6 by 5 p.m. to Planning Director Sally Riley
- Ute Trail Stampede Rodeo Camping TUP – June 6 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing
- The Pines at Tamarac PUD Admendment & Preliminary Plat – June 13 at 7 p.m. PC Public Hearing & July 18 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing
- Barbeau Variance – June 17 at 6:30 p.m. BOA Public Hearing
- Crouse Variance – June 17 at 6:30 p.m. BOA Public Hearing
- Stone Ridge Village No. 4 Final Plat – June 27 at 7 p.m. PC Public Hearing & July 18 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing
- Mallet Contractor Services & Storage CUP & Rezone – June 27 at 7:00 p.m. PC Public Hearing & July 18 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing
Call 719-687-5202 for more information.
PLACEMAKING GRANT AWARDED
What is Placemaking? It’s a multifaceted approach to planning, design and management of public and private spaces. Placemaking capitalizes on local community assets, inspiration, and potential, with the intention of creating public and private spaces which promote people’s health, happiness and well-being with a positive impact to increase commerce and downtown vitality. The grant from the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) will fund a group of consultants from Community Builders who will lead a Placemaking webinar training on October 22nd and a community workshop on December 4th. This exciting Placemaking project is being hosted by the Main Street program and the City of Woodland Park.
WOODLAND PARK SELF-STORAGE
The Woodland Park Self-Storage is a 72,400 square feet storage and rental facility on a 5.92-acre tract of land in the Service Commercial zone located just north of Wal-Mart. The storage facility offers various compartment sizes with some climate-controlled storage capability for personal property, commercial, professional, business and office storage with a truck/trailer rental option for up to 30 units.
GOLD HILL SQUARE SOUTH FACADE REMODEL
Gold Hill Square South located at 221 and 777 Gold Hill Place, which is where the City Market is located, is in the process of a facade remodel.
Natural Grocers is developing a new grocery store located at Lot 3 of Paradise Lodge Marketplace, which is off of Paradise Lodge Lane by the ENT Credit Union, Goodwill and Walgreens. The store will be approximately 13,500 square feet.