The mission of the Planning and Building Department is to provide for orderly development and construction within the City.
The Planning Department provides assistance for:
- Zoning regulations and land use questions
- Zoning Development Permits (ZDP) for all new construction including remodels, additions, decks, fences, sheds, accessory structures, signs, etc.
- New development (process and requirements for both residential and commercial)
- Subdivision of unplatted land or replats of existing subdivided property
- Annexation requests
- Flood Hazard Permits
- Code Enforcement issues
- Historic preservation landmarking program
The City partnered with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department in 2013 to provide building services for new construction, remodels and additions for commercial and residential structures. For information regarding any type of building project, please contact our Permit technicians, David and Dorie at (719) 687-5202, or visit the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department web page at www.pprbd.org.
Call 719-687-5202 for more information.
- Grace Townhomes FHDP – October 24 at 7 p.m. PC Public Hearing.
- Village at Tamarac Administrative Site Plan Review – Staff issued a “Report and Certified Letter of Approval” 7/23/2019. Appeal #3 – November 7 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing.
- Rampart Townhomes Administrative Residential Use In a Commerical Zone Review – Public comments must be received by the Planning Department no later than 5 p.m. November 4.
- Victory Life Church CUP – November 14 at 7 p.m. PC Public Hearing & December 5 at 7 p.m. CC Public Hearing.
This project will consist of 4 structures. Each structure will contain 2 townhomes, for a total of 8 residences located at 114 S. Baldwin Street. Each townhome will have 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a 2 car garage and 2 spacious decks with views of beautiful Pikes Peak.
BERGSTROM PARK EV STATION
On June 28, 2019, the City’s only public fully inclusive electric vehicle charging station became operational. Funded by a $9,000 Charge Ahead Colorado grant (with a $2,860 City match), this Chargepoint CT4021-GW1 Dual Port Bollard Mount charging station hopes to tap into the 32K+ cars traveling on US24. The goal is to entice EV owners to stop, rest, picnic, eat, shop, walk and enjoy views of Pikes Peak all while reducing anxiety, noise, odor and air pollution. It stands as a sentinel to the City’s commitment to increasing sustainability in the region and enhancing the EV CO plan statewide.
VILLAGE AT TAMARAC
This proposed development for 53 small manufactured homes on permanent foundations is located at the northern end of Tamarac Parkway and was submitted to the City on May 16, 2019. Revised drawings and development plans were submitted on July 2, 2019. On July 23, 2019, the staff issued a “Report and Certified Letter of Approval” that is available to the public upon request. The report details the pertinent zoning standards and provides staff’s evaluation of compliance in accordance with the applicable regulations. Appeals have been received. If you have any questions, please contact the Planning Department at 719.687.5202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE PINES AT TAMARAC
The Final Development Plan and the Pines at Tamarac Preliminary Plat for 26 single family residential lots on 20.61 acres on Lot 2, Dayspring Christian Fellowship (205 Sourdough Road) in the Plan Unit Development.