The Planning Commission is a nine-member advisory board established to assist City Council in providing orderly development. The Planning Commission conducts public hearings related to new subdivisions, zoning changes, conditional use permits, flood hazard development permits, and changes to the Subdivision or Zoning Regulations and is also the lead in the preparation and amendment of the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
Planning Commission meets at 7:00 PM the second and fourth Thursdays of every month in City Hall Council Chambers (220 W. South Avenue).
Planning Commission Members
- Jon DeVaux – Chairperson (term expires 01/02/2023)
- Geoff Watson – Vice-Chairperson (term expires 01/01/2021)
- Lee Brown (term expires 01/01/2022)
- Ellen Carrick (term expires 01/01/2022)
- Vickie Good (term expires 01/01/2023)
- Ken Hartsfield (term expires 01/01/2022)
- Larry Larsen (term expires 1/01/2023)
- Jerry Penland (term expires 01/01/2021)
- Peter Scanlon (term expires 01/01/2021)
Contact the City Planning Department at (719) 687-5202 for more information.
Planning Commission Documents
Note: Meeting Minutes will be available after they are approved at the following meeting.