The City provides water to approximately 3,949 homes, businesses and institutions in our community. Water is also available in storage to meet the extra demands of events such as fires and water main breaks. Treatment plant capacity is 2 MGD, with 3 MGD capacity in emergencies. Treated water is stored in 5 steel tanks totaling 3.94 MG.
MGD = million gallons per day
GPD = gallons per day
In 2018, two-thirds of the City’s raw water came from local wells and springs and one-third was piped in from Woodland Park’s transbasin water rights.
Limited future improvements are planned for the City’s North Well Field near the golf course, increasing reliability for existing customers and providing water for moderate City growth toward a service population of 12,600.
2018 Water Facts:
- 2018 average population served – 3,949 homes, businesses and Institutions
- Peak 7-day demand – 1.12 MGD (June 10 – 16)
- 2018 Average Daily Consumption (gallons per day) – 744,000 gpd
- New 2018 residential water taps – 39
- New 2018 multi-family water taps – 0
- New 2018 commercial water taps – 1